Virginia State Government Food Service Technician I (Utility/Driver) in Williamsburg, Virginia
Eastern State Hospital, located in Williamsburg, Virginia, was founded in 1773, with a well-intentional emphasis on community focused mental health care. This state of the art campus, situated on 500 acres, consists of two patient care buildings with 300 patients, and a highly skilled staff of over 900. Eastern State Hospital is part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) system, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. ESH invites applications for the position of a Food Service Technician I (Utility/Driver).
Reporting directly to the Food Service Director, duties and responsibilities consist of the following:
- Provides food preparation of snacks, nourishments and other food items for resident service and the trayline.
- Provides sanitation of work areas including cleaning of trays, carts and other equipment.
- Provides assistance on the trayline as needed.
- Provides delivery and retrieval or assists in the delivery and retrieval of food carts.
- Provides reviews of meals to ensure that they are portioned appropriately, dated and labeled.
- Provides safety check to ensure that the work areas are free of excessive water and hazards.
- Provides assistance in retrieval of food supplies, meals and special functions to resident buildings and dining sites.
- Provides delivery and retrieval of food carts.
* Eastern State Hospital is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and prohibits discrimination of applicants and employees without regard to race, gender (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy), color, national origin, religion, age, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.*
- Demonstrated ability to drive Food Service Trucks with both automatic and manual transmissions.
- Demonstrated ability in delivering resident trays.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the maintenance and sanitary condition of the vehicle used.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver food in the form of resident meals, nourishments, snacks, bag lunches and special functions to various locations in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work under stress.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexible shifts and overtime.
- Demonstrated ability to sanitize the work area and equipment used.
- Demonstrated ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food service operations, food preparation and sanitation.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and retrieval of food carts, the driver must accurately load them into each buildings retherm units.
- Demonstrated ability to place hot and cold food correctly in the retherm carts to prevent loss of food and to prevent delays in resident dining
- Demonstrated ability to assist in training of new employees.
- Demonstrated ability to lift heavy objects; bending and stooping; prolonged standing and walking on various surfaces (i.e. concrete, tile, grass, dirt, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work in various environmental conditions (extreme humidity, heat or cold).
- Demonstrated ability to lift routinely 50 pounds or 25% of body weight (whichever is less).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience in a hospital food service department.
- Knowledge of food service sanitation, safety and service equipment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon passing the background check (Virginia State Police and FBI) and the drug screen test.
Eastern State Hospital is a Tobacco-Free Facility.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Resumes may accompany, but will not substitute for a completed online State Application.
Crystal Arrington, Employment Specialist
Eastern State Hospital Human Resource Department 4601 Ironbound Road Williamsburg, VA 23188-2652
Working Title: Food Service Technician I (Utility/Driver)
Role Title: Food Service Technician I - 79211
Job Open Date: 04/17/2018
Job Close Date: 04/27/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: $20,224 - $22,493
Agency: Eastern State Hospital (704)
Agency Website: Click Here for Agency Website
Location: Williamsburg - 830
Position Number: 00634
Job Posting Number: 1036826
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Full-Time (Salaried)
Job Type Detail: Full-Time Salaried - Non-Faculty- FTS-1
Pay Band: 01