Virginia State Government 00806-Psychiatrist in Williamsburg, Virginia
Eastern State Hospital (ESH), located in Williamsburg, Virginia, was founded in 1773, with a well-intentioned emphasis on community focused mental health care. This state-of-the-art campus, situated on 500 acres, consists of two patient care buildings with 300 patients, and a highly skilled staff of over 900. Eastern State Hospital is part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) system, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. ESH invites applications for the position of Psychiatrist.
Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Director, duties and responsibilities consist of the following:
- Conduct psychiatric and general medical examinations and evaluations to include status changes.
- Ensure medical history, mental status, and physical examinations are completed according to policy, TJC and CMS standards and other regulatory agencies.
- Provide DSM-5 Diagnoses that are valid.
- Prescribe medications at the lowest effective dose in accordance with rational psychopharmacological practices.
- Assess and address medication side-effects and report adverse drug reactions.
- Attend judicial hearings on campus, appropriate to assigned patient population.
- Provide effective leadership in developing and maintaining the therapeutic process between physicians, nursing staff, psychologists, social workers, rehab staff and patients.
*Offering a $10,000 Sign-On Bonus (for those new to state service) + Moving & Relocation Expenses.
*Malpractice Insurance is covered through the state when employed by a state facility.
*An allotment up to $2,500 toward your Medical License Renewal or Continuing Education Requirements.
* Eastern State Hospital is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and prohibits discrimination of applicants and employees without regard to race, gender (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy), color, national origin, religion, age, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.*
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical standards and fundamentals.
- Current, unexpired Virginia license to practice Medicine in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Current, unexpired DEA registration.
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy educational credential, and completion of an accredited / approved psychiatry residency training program.
- Demonstrated ability to examine, evaluate, diagnose and treat psychiatric and mental illnesses.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multidisciplinary treatment teams ensuring development, planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment.
- Skilled in the use of technology, software, and resources to assist and aid in the course of daily medical responsibilities.
- Skilled in documenting medical records and articulating and interacting with patients and others regarding clinical / administrative concerns or issues.
- Ability to serve as an on-call physician when scheduled and as needed.
- Experience with an inpatient population
- Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety online, an application and all required application material.
- Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications.
- A complete application, including all previous employment, salary history, and education, for full consideration, must be received online by 11:59PM of the “Job Close Date”
- Applicants who list “see resume” in lieu of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration.
- Eastern State Hospital conducts background checks on candidate(s) identified as finalist for employment. The type of background check(s) performed is dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist, which may include: criminal history, sex offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, driving records, license verification, credit history review. You will be required to sign an Authorization to release form.
- Eastern State Hospital is a Tobacco-Free Facility.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCE
FAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
EMAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
MAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
Working Title: 00806-Psychiatrist
Role Title: Physician II - 49152
Job Open Date: 03/09/2018
Job Close Date: 03/23/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: $173,000 - $220,000
Agency: Eastern State Hospital (704)
Agency Website: Click Here for Agency Website
Location: Williamsburg - 830
Position Number: 00806
Job Posting Number: 1035386
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Full-Time (Salaried)
Job Type Detail: Full-Time Salaried - Non-Faculty- FTS-1
Pay Band: 08