Anthem Developer Advisor (Norfolk, VA) (PS4628) in Norfolk, Virginia
/ Your Talent. Our Vision. / At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care .
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for programming on specific application subsets of the company's application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings
- Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan
- Assesses current status and supports data information planning
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system
- Maintains technical development environment
- Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues
- Supports vendor evaluation
Requires BA/BS degree in Engineering; 5 or more years related experience; multi platform experience; , expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead multiple small projects and provide troubleshooting support. Multi dimensional required. Multi database and/or multi language preferred.
- Must be a PEGA Certified Sr. System Architect
Beacon application experience required
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Job Information Technology
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Developer Advisor (Norfolk, VA) (PS4628)
Requisition ID: PS4628