Dollar Tree INTERN - LOCATION ANALYSIS in Chesapeake, Virginia
INTERN - LOCATION ANALYSIS
BUDGETING ANLYSIS FORECASTING
Summary of Position
The Location Analysis intern will learn and apply analytical and spatial knowledge to a variety of areas of the business. The internship will be divided into sections focused on geospatial data, data analysis, and reporting and forecasting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate accuracy of Dollar Tree’s spatial location data in order to prioritize opportunities for data improvement
a. Compare multiple sources of store coordinates to find discrepancies
b. Propose alternative methods for identifying opportunities
c. Leverage internal Dollar Tree data and external data sources to capture rooftop coordinates for spatial data
d. QC and post corrections to Dollar Tree’s enterprise database, contributing to improved decision-making across the organization
Generate sales projections for new/relocating/expanding stores following the sales forecasting process. Understand significant drivers of sales and conduct store comparisons.
Support reporting processes by querying data from enterprise systems and organizing data to highlight key trends.
Other related duties dependent on candidate interest and ad hoc requests.
• Pursuing degree in Geography, Business, Data Analytics, or related coursework.
• Interest in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), data analysis, and forecasting
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred
• Eagerness to learn data analytics, GIS, and reporting tools and processes
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently / Self-motivated
This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, as they may be amended or added to as needed.
Auto Req ID:
500 Volvo Parkway